TEMPE, AZ - An Arizona State University student is recovering after being left, unconscious, in the emergency room at a Valley hospital.
Tempe police said 20-year-old Aidan Mohr, a student at Arizona State University, was dropped off at St. Luke's Hospital sometime late Friday night or early Saturday morning. He was left in a wheelchair in the emergency room with a note taped to his chest that had his name and his phone number on it.
Police said Mohr took an estimated 20 shots of tequila, boosting his blood-alcohol-content level to .40 percent. That is nearly five times above the legal limit.
Police said the student was in critical condition at one point, but is now expected to be OK.
Mohr's mother confirmed to ABC15's Christopher Sign that her son is a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity, the same fraternity that Jack Culolias was a member of. Culolias died during a fraternity gathering in Tempe last year.
The National Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon released a statement:
"The Sigma Alpha Epsilon headquarters has learned of an incident in which a member of our Arizona Beta chapter at Arizona State University was given medical attention for alcohol poisoning. National staff and local alumni leaders are investigating whether or not the chapter or its members had any affiliation with this incident, and at this time, we have no indication that it occurred in conjunction with any chapter-planned event or activity. The chapter and its members are currently in recess following the end of the academic term."
Tempe police are continuing to investigate the incident and no arrests have been made.