TEMPE, AZ - Tempe police say an 8-month-old child was transported to the hospital Wednesday after she was severely burned from hot cooking oil.
Tempe Police Sergeant Mike Pooley said the child's grandmother was cooking with a skillet when the child pulled the cord and was doused in the scalding oil.
"The child is being treated for severe burns to her face and body," Pooley said.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, Tempe police urge families to keep a watch over young children while cooking.
"Although today was an extremely sad accident, it is an important reminder for us all to be aware of where our children are and to take the necessary precautions to prevent such accidents from happening," Pooley said in a statement.