MESA, AZ - Two families escaped safely when their homes caught fire early Monday.
Mesa fire Capt. Gil Velasquez said the fire started in a single-wide mobile home and spread to a nearby home in the area of Stapley Drive and Main Street.
Velasquez said everyone got out safely, including the family pets.
Velasquez said the mobile home is a total loss. The fire appears to have only affected the exterior of the other home.
He said it appeared the fire started with faulty wiring, but the exact cause is under investigation.
The Red Cross was on the scene assisting the family displaced from the mobile home.