Fire erupts at Mesa home

MESA, AZ - Fire crews had their hands full battling a house fire in Mesa Wednesday night.

Mesa Fire Department spokesman Forrest Smith said the fire started around 9:50 p.m. near Val Vista Drive and Southern Avenue.

The homeowners were not home when the fire started, but told firefighters they had a fire going in their fireplace before the blaze erupted.

Smith said the investigators believe the fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic.

Smith said no one suffered any injuries and two dogs that were originally unaccounted for were found safe and sound.

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments