FD: Mesa garage catches fire, no victims or injuries

MESA, AZ - A single-family home in Mesa caught on fire Thursday, but there were no victims or injuries, authorities say.

The fire started in the garage of the home at 24th Street and Gilbert Road, according to Capt. Ken Hall, Mesa Fire Department’s public information officer.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the house’s occupants were outside and said no one was left in the house, Hall says.

Firefighters still went into the house to double check for anyone, he says.

The department is still working to put out the fire, according to Hall.

The Red Cross will help the family, Hall says.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ