GILBERT, AZ - Gilbert fire crews and the hazardous materials team responded to a fire at a biodiesel manufacturing plant Saturday morning.
A spokesman for the Gilbert Fire Department said a fork lift operator punctured an acid tank at the plant near Arizona Avenue and Guadalupe Road Saturday morning.
This ignited a fire, which was put out by the plant's sprinkler system.
Hazmat crews were called to the scene to help clean up the mess.
The spokesman said the public wasn't in any danger and crews are now working to clean up the mess.
Gilbert fire tweeted that the "situation has been contained" at 9:45 a.m.