Crews investigating HAZMAT after Gilbert store worker gets sick

GILBERT, AZ - An East Valley shopping center was evacuated after a suspicious package made a worker at one of the businesses ill Friday afternoon.

Gilbert Fire Department spokesman Brian Ruffentine said crews were "overly cautious" when they investigated the HAZMAT situation at the San Tan Village shopping center near Loop 202 and Williams Field Road.

Crews were called to the Clark's Store after a worker became sick due to an odor leaking from a package.

The surrounding area was also evacuated so teams could investigate.

There is no further information at this time.

Stay with abc15.com for updates.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments