Chandler Fire: 12 treated for exposure to ammonia in Chandler

CHANDLER, AZ - Authorities say a dozen people have been treated for exposure to ammonia after a chemical leak at the Intel campus in Chandler.

Chandler Fire Department officials say 10 people were treated at the scene Monday afternoon and two people were taken to a hospital for treatment.

Nearly 20 fire trucks and hazardous materials crews responded to the microchip making company's plant.

Fire officials were called at 1:30 p.m. after a construction crew struck a pipe carrying ammonia while they were working on renovations.

Air15 video showed fire crews and personnel parked inside the plant located near Ocotillo and Dobson.

 

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ