Woman dies in Apache Junction house fire

APACHE JUNCTION, AZ - A house fire Friday morning in Apache Junction left an engaged woman dead, Apache Junction Fire Deputy Chief Dave Montgomery said.

The fire started in the 900 block of S. Saguaro Drive on the mattress in a bedroom, Montgomery said. When firefighters entered the house, they found the woman in the kitchen.

The 35-year-old woman was treated for severe smoke inhalation and taken to Banner Goldfield Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Smoking materials may have sparked the fire, according to the Associated Press.

Fire investigators are treating the fire as an accident, Montgomery said. The woman lived with her fiancé who was reportedly working when the fire started.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments