FD: Apache Junction man suffers second, third degree burns in motorhome fire

APACHE JUNCTION, AZ - A man was taken to the hospital in serious condition after a stove-top fire engulfed his motorhome Wednesday night.

Apache Junction Fire Chief Dave Montgomery said the fire erupted around 5:30 p.m. near Superstition Boulevard and Ironwood Drive. 

The 57-year-old man said he was cooking with grease when the fire started. The man told authorities he tried, but was unable to extinguish the fire.

Witnesses told authorities they saw the man leave the RV with smoke and fire bellowing behind him.

Montgomery said the man had second and third degree burns covering most of his upper body. He was airlifted to Maricopa County Burn Center in serious condition.

Officials say the motorhome was completely destroyed.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments