PHOENIX - Triple digit days have arrived and with them come a serious warning to parent about hot playground equipment.
The equipment can get extremely hot, especially if it’s been in the sun for hours.
The equipment could potentially burn children.
One Valley mother said she took her three kids to Cesar Chavez Park Saturday.
She dressed them in pants, gym shoes and longer shirts to minimize the risk.
But her youngest followed the older kids to a bigger slide and when she tried to climb up it, the little girl burned her hands and stomach.
She said when she heard the girl scream she thought she’d fallen off the slide. When she arrived to her aid, she noticed the girl had blistered palms and a burned stomach.
Mahala Horn said seeing her 20-month-old daughter’s blistered hand made her stomach turn.
“It made me feel guilty because I didn't check all the equipment first,” Horn said.
The family took the girl to the emergency room and said she suffered second degree burns.
The little girl will be OK.
Horn said she wishes she'd been more aware about the dangers and hopes her story helps other parents.