Valley woman helps Santreesa Taylor and family after devastating house fire

PHOENIX - An ABC15 viewer is taking action to help out a Valley mother and her children after their home was struck by lightning, caught fire and was left with extensive damage .

Santreesa Taylor said she lost all of her belongings after her home near 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road caught fire. When she smelled smoke, she rushed her children and dog outside.

By the time the family got out, the roof of her home was engulfed in flames and had caved into the house.

An ABC15 viewer saw our story and decided to help out .

She gathered a couple of her friends to collect furniture -- including a bed, table and chairs, and lighting fixtures -- to be donated to the Taylor family.

ABC15 called the Phoenix Firefighter's Union and they helped deliver the much-needed furniture to Taylor's home.

If you would like to help out the family, a fund has been created at the Arizona Federal Credit Union. The account is listed under the "Taylor Family Fund."

Print this article Back to Top

Comments