PHOENIX - Five people managed to escape a fast burning fire at their home near 23rd Avenue and Thunderbird.
The fire sparked around 3:00 a.m. on Friday and destroyed the house.
Part of the roof was already collapsed when ABC15 arrived on the scene a short time after it sparked.
Sandra Jolly who lives behind the house heard popping and banging noises that alerted her and her family to the danger.
"My daughter's room was so hot and the embers were flying everywhere," she said. Her property did sustain some damage in the back yard.
Two large trees also went up in flames.
Firefighters do not know the cause but it appears the worst the damage is near the garage.
No one was seriously injured. Fire officials told ABC15 early that one person was transported as a precaution due to possible smoke inhalation.