PHOENIX - Authorities say a man was injured after a small explosion at a Phoenix home overnight.
Police say when officers arrived at the home near 64th Street and Thunderbird Road around midnight they found a victim who had suffered serious chemical burn injuries.
There was smoke coming from the house and officers could smell an odd odor.
The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.
While investigating, officers discovered what appeared to be a lab used to build homemade fireworks.
The surrounding area was blocked off to traffic and hazardous materials fire crews from Scottsdale and Phoenix took over the scene.
It took about two hours to remove the materials before the neighborhood was reopened.
Phoenix police officer James Holmes said the victim will be OK and the investigation is continuing.