Smoke detector saves family of 7 in Phoenix house fire

PHOENIX - A family of seven escaped a house fire early Friday morning near 16th Street and Southern Avenue in Phoenix.

The fire started around 1:45 a.m. in a wall and outlet in a child's bedroom, the homeowners said. A smoke detector alarm then went off waking the family.

One of the five children received minor burns while leaving the home, Captain Tony Mure with the Phoenix Fire Department said.

Officials ask that everyone check their smoke detectors once a month and change the batteries every year to stay safe.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments