Phoenix fire started in chicken coop, stopped before burning home

PHOENIX - A fire that started in a homeowner’s backyard in a chicken coop was safely put out around 8 a.m., according to the Phoenix Fire Department.

According to officials, there was a single occupant who inside the home near 44th Street and McDowell Road at the time of the fire.

Crews isolated the fire to just the chicken coop and an attached storage room. The house was saved from catching on fire, according to officials.

The occupant told officials that his dog and geese alerted him to the fire and he was able to exit the house.

No injuries were reported at the scene.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ