PHOENIX - A few Good Samaritans helped save three people and a dog, after a Phoenix duplex caught fire Monday morning.
The Phoenix Fire Department responded to reports of a duplex on fire near 19th Avenue and Mountain View Road around 9 a.m. Monday.
Firefighters arrived to find occupants being evacuated from the duplex by several neighbors, according to officials.
Nolan Woolfolk was driving by when he noticed the fire and stopped to help. Woolfolk and a neighbor broke through a window after no one answered the door, the department said.
Woolfolk reportedly found a dog locked in a crate inside the smoke-filled apartment and carried the animal to fire officials where it was cared for until the owner arrived about an hour later.
Three people are now displaced, but thankfully no one was injured. Authorities said the fire appears to have started on the outside near a wood fence.
No other details were released.