PHOENIX - The Valley has many events happening this weekend, specifically in Phoenix and Tempe.
APS Electric Light Parade
Join ABC15 on Saturday for the APS Festival of Light Electric Light Parade .
The parade route begins at Montebello Road, proceeds south on Central Avenue, east on Camelback Road and then south on 7th Street where it will finish.
The following streets will be RESTRICTED at 6 a.m. Saturday in preparation for the parade:
- Central Avenue from Camelback Road to Bethany Home will be reduced to one lane in both directions.
The following streets will be RESTRICTED at 3 p.m. Saturday in preparation for the parade:
- Camelback Road from Central Avenue to 7th Street will be reduced to two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane.
- Central Avenue from Camelback Road to Bethany Home will be reduced to one southbound lane and one northbound lane.
- Seventh Street from Camelback to Indian School roads will be reduced to two northbound lanes and one southbound lane.
The following streets will be CLOSED at 5 p.m. Saturday in preparation for the parade:
- Central Avenue from Bethany Home to Indian School
- Camelback Road from 7th Avenue to 16th Street
- Seventh Street from Bethany Home to Osborn.
The following streets will be CLOSED at 7 p.m. Saturday in preparation for the parade:
- Indian School road from Central Avenue to 12th Street.
Authorities will be on-site to help with traffic control and business access.
Cityscape Phoenix Ice Rink - Nov. 2013 - Jan. 2014
- Central Avenue from Jefferson to Washington streets is scheduled to be closed through Jan. 2014
- During this event, Central Avenue through traffic will be detoured at Jefferson Street to Second Street.
Pearl Harbor Day Walk
The event starts at 2nd Avenue and Washington Street at 10 a.m. It will end at 16th Avenue and Adams Street.
The following streets will be CLOSED at 7:30 a.m. Saturday:
- Washington Street from First to Third Avenues
The following streets will be CLOSED at 9:30 a.m. Saturday:
- Washington Street from 3rd to 19th Avenues.
- 7th Avenue from Washington to Jefferson streets.
Access to parking facilities will be maintained. Officers will be on-site to assist with traffic control. All streets will re-open by 11 a.m.
Run to the Guns
The street closures will begin at 3rd Street and McDowell Road at 7:30 a.m. and end at 10 a.m. Saturday.
The following streets will be closed 7:30-10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Third Street – McDowell Road to Roosevelt Street
- Roosevelt Street – Seventh Street to Seventh Avenue
- Seventh Avenue – McDowell Road to Jefferson Street
- Washington Street – Seventh to 17th Avenue