FD: 2 displaced after trailer home fire; cigarette may have sparked fire

PHOENIX - Fire officials said two people have been displaced after a trailer home caught fire Friday morning.

Phoenix Fire Captain Ruben Saavedra said crews responded to a trailer fire around 4 a.m. near 15th Avenue and Hatcher.

Crews arrived to find the structure with heavy fire and nearby homes at risk of becoming involved, said Saavedra. Crews were able to isolate the fire with minor damage to those structures.

Phoenix fire said two people have been displaced. The occupants reportedly told officials they believe the fire may have been sparked by a cigarette in the bedroom.

No one was injured in the fire.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments