Retiring firefighter aids Flagstaff home fire

FLAGSTAFF, AZ - A fire in Flagstaff Sunday morning severely damaged a home in Flagstaff, resulting in approximately $300,000 worth of damage, the fire department says.

According to Flagstaff Fire, a fire was reported at a home in the Cheshire area around 10 a.m. with two victims possibly trapped inside.

When fire crews arrived, they searched the home and found the home was unoccupied, but that a large fire had erupted in the attic and second floor of the home.

 

Officials believe improper disposal of smoking materials was the cause of the fire, according to a release.

Flagstaff Fire says a firefighter veteran, Mike Hughes, was on the first engine on scene.

He has been working as a firefighter for 27 years and was working his last shift before retirement at the time the fire started.

Hughes was among the firefighters to search the home for victims and extinguish the fire.

No one was hurt in the fire.

 

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ