Scottsdale police release video of Arizona Cardinals cheerleader Megan Welter moments before arrest

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - New video from the Scottsdale Police Department shows the moments before police arrested an Arizona Cardinals cheerleader for assault.

"Please get him out," Megan Welter, 29, told the officer who first arrived on the scene.

On July 20 police responded to Welter's home near McDonald Drive and Granite Reef Road for a report of a family fight.

According to a police report, when officers arrived at the home they noted that Welter showed signs of being intoxicated. In fact, they said, she had "difficulty describing the events in chronological order."

The officer then questioned Welter's boyfriend who claimed he never assaulted Welter and has the proof on his cell phone.

"She found a text message from another girl," he said, "and she started kicking the **** of out me. I videotaped it."

Apparently, her boyfriend had recorded the incident on his phone.

Welter reportedly admitted that she did, indeed, hit him.

Welter told police she wanted her boyfriend off the property but he wouldn't leave stating that he couldn't drive.

Welter said her boyfriend had picked her up, thrown her on the patio and locked the door.

Welter told the officer she got back inside the house where her boyfriend pushed her down and she hit her head. He then allegedly began to choke her. The man told police he never "hit, pushed or assaulted Welter."

She then reportedly took all his belongings and threw them out onto the back patio. She also cut up an ID and credit card, according to police.

According to the documents, Welter explained the couple had gone out drinking for her birthday and after they returned home she fell asleep.

She said the argument began after she woke up and discovered her boyfriend had gone through her personal phone, looking for text messages. They began arguing about past relationships.

Welter's boyfriend told a police sergeant that she became extremely upset about it and began to hit him and pull his hair. That's when he reportedly began recording the assault.

When asked why she didn't call police right away, Welter said she didn't feel threatened until her boyfriend started choking her. Police did not find any signs of injuries or of strangulation consistent with being choked.

Welter was arrested for assault, disorderly conduct and criminal damage.

Welter went to officer training school in 2007 and spent 16 months in Iraq.

Print this article Back to Top