Scottsdale FD: Fumes fill home from vehicle running in garage

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - One person has been taken to the hospital after a car was left running overnight in a Scottsdale garage and fumes got into the home.

Scottsdale Fire Department spokesman David Folio said crews were called around 5 a.m. Wednesday to the apartment complex near Shea Boulevard and 70th Street where a mother and daughter live.

Folio said the daughter left the vehicle running in the garage of the apartment and fumes got inside the residence.

The daughter was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Surrounding apartments did not need to be evacuated, but fire crews are monitoring the air to make sure those residents are safe.

Folio said firefighters were only getting carbon monoxide readings in the affected apartment.

Folio also told ABC15 firefighters had been called to the same apartment a couple of days ago when the daughter had left the stove on.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death, Folio said.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments