PHOENIX - A Valley company is taking action to prevent drownings. Fulton Homes is giving away 15 free pool fences to families in need to insure water and pool safety for kids.
Drowning related deaths are one of the leading causes in children across the country; making proper fencing pivotal.
In order to insure kids don't go over, under or through your pool fence, there are a number of things to watch out for when installing a pool fence.
Pool Barrier Tips:
- Make sure doors leading to the pool or spa are self-latching or equipped with an exit alarm
- Never prop open a pool fence
- Latches should be out of reach of children
- If you have a safety cover, make sure it is always closed
- Always drain standing water from a pool cover; a couple inches can be deadly for a child
Arizona has a pool fence law stating all residential pools must be enclosed by a barrier.
For more information on how to nominate a deserving family to receive a free pool fence, you can go to call (602) 452-1000 or go to www.fultonhomes.com and click on the "Fulton Foundation" link.