Crews extinguish four-acre brush fire in north Scottsdale accidentally sparked by welder

Welder evaluated for smoke inhalation

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - Crews from the Scottsdale, Phoenix, Rural Metro, and Rio Verde extinguished a four-acre brush fire that was accidentally sparked by a welder in north Scottsdale on Saturday morning. 

Scottsdale fire said units responded to the fire in the area of 136th Street and Rio Verde Drive. 

As crews arrived on scene, they were able to stop the progression of the fire. 

The welder was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and dehydration, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

No structures were damaged, only desert burned, according to MCSO. 

No firefighters were injured, fire officials said.

No further information was immediately available. 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ