Child seriously burned by candle in Fountain Hills

FOUNTAIN HILLS, AZ - Crews responded to a Fountain Hills home Wednesday afternoon after a child's diaper reportedly caught fire.

Rural Metro officials said a candle caused second-degree burns to the legs of a 3-year-old boy in the area of Fountain Hills and El Pueblo boulevards.

Air15 video showed the boy being airlifted to a local hospital.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is investigating the incident.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments