Anthem family of four displaced by house fire

ANTHEM, AZ - A family of four was forced out of their home Sunday when a suspected garage fire burned through the roof of their home.

Daisy Mountain Fire spokesperson Dave Wilson said the family was playing in their backyard near 27th avenue and Anthem Way when they saw smoke coming from their roof.

When firefighters arrived, the family's garage was fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters said the flames reached to the attic and burned through the roof of the home.

Investigators said no one in the family was hurt.

Wilson said they believe the fire started in the garage, but they are not sure what ignited it.

Fire officials also said people in the area should not be concerned with brown water coming out of their faucets.

The hydrants firefighters used to battle the fire have not been used for a while and have built up a sediment.

Wilson said the sediment flushes through the water system once the hydrant is turned on and comes out of surrounding faucets with a brown color.

Firefighters say this is temporary and to run the water in your home until the brown portion is gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments