CASA GRANDE, AZ - A 55-gallon drum of acid spilled Tuesday prompting the evacuation of the Palm Island Family Aquatic Park in Casa Grande.
According to Fire Department spokeswoman Barbra Rice, the muratic acid spilled in a maintenance area near the pool, but not near or in the water.
HAZMAT teams were on hand to check for hazardous gas vapors and to make sure the acid did not come in contact with any other chemicals inside the maintenance room.
A two block radius near the pool, located near McMurray and Casa Grande Avenue, was evacuated as a precaution.
Officials said there were no exposures and no injuries.