DENVER - A total of six tornado touchdowns were confirmed in the Denver metro area on Wednesday, prompting warning sirens to be heard throughout the region.
Scripps station 7News says the tornado reports included:
- 2:05 PM: West Aurora - Arapahoe County
- 2:10 PM: South Aurora - Arapahoe County
- 2:30 PM: East Denver - Denver County
- 2:30 PM: Northeast Aurora - Adams County
- 2:45 PM: Watkins - Adams County
- 4:25 PM: Northeast Byers - Adams County
Flights were resumed at Denver International Airport Wednesday afternoon after severe thunderstorms and a tornado warning forced planes to stay on the ground.
Delays of about an hour and a half were reported after a series of severe storms brought hail and strong winds to the area.
Some flights were diverted to Colorado Springs and Grand Junction, and they're slowly returning to Denver.
Hail the size of ping pong balls sent pedestrians running for cover in Colorado Springs, and cars slid on the hail on Interstate 70 in Aurora.
Officials used snow plows to clear the hail from the main airport access road.