George Zimmerman, DMX boxing match called off

A celebrity boxing event between George Zimmerman and DMX has been called off.

TMZ.com reports that the promoter called off the event after his conscience "kicked in."

Promoter Damon Feldman officially canceled the event on Twitter Saturday afternoon, saying there's "more to life then [sic] money."

Zimmerman, known for his acquittal in the death of 17-year-old Florida teen Trayvon Martin, said the boxing match was his idea. Zimmerman told Radar Online last month that boxing was his hobby.

Feldman, owner of Celebrity Boxing, picked DMX out of more than 15,000 e-mailed requests to fight Zimmerman.

No date had been set for the three-round pay-per-view match.

 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments