Dog ownership can be difficult, especially when your dog chews on everything, doesn't listen and has bad breath.
Lucky for all dog owners out there Buzzfeed has provided a list of 38 things that will making owning a dog a little bit easier!
And, if you want to put these tips to use and want to adopt a furry friend, come participate in the ABC15 and PetSmart Charities Adopt-A-Pet Weekend!
Here are the first 10 dog care ideas to make your life easier:
1. Brushing your dogs teeth can be a hassle and extremely messy. Instead of sticking a toothbrush in their mouth simply put some enzymatic dog toothpaste onto a rope toy and let them chew it!
2. Dogs never want to take pills. They tend to have a habit of spitting them and pill pockets can be expensive. Instead of buying the pill pockets, make your own! Recipe here!
3. Dog treats can be expensive and not always healthy for your pup so instead of buying them, make them! Get directions on how to make homemade chicken jerky here .
4. Tying your dog up while you run in to grab some coffee can be a pain. Instead of tying the leash and possibly having your pooch escape, use a carabiner to leash your dog!
5. Dogs constantly want to play, even if you have to read or study. Put a rope toy around your foot and play tug of war with them and study at the same time!
6. When your dog has an accident on the floor you don't always have cleaner on hand. Instead of cleaner use baking soda to get dog urine out of carpet.
7. If your dog eats extremely fast put a ball in your dog's food bowl to slow them down.
8. Some dogs love to tear apart toys and stuffed animals which can be pricey. Instead of continually buying new toys, make your own! Make a durable ball by stuffing scraps of fabric and treats inside a rubber ball with holes.
9. If your dog has lost its appetite or isn't feeling well, add some low-sodium chicken broth to their drinking water.
10. Pet hair comes with the territory of having a dog and it gets everywhere! Lucky for you if you put on a damp rubber glove and run your gloved hand over the upholstery, the hair will come right off!
See the rest of the tips here !