PHOENIX - A boy's courage to come forward leads others to reveal their sexual abuse at the hands of an extended family member.
Court records show that on November 17, Phoenix police were called to a home when a preteen boy revealed to his mother that he had been sexually abused five years prior by an extended family member.
The mother reported the incident to police. Police say they returned to the home a few days later where they met five families whose children also told them about sexual abuses at the hands of 51-year-old Rodolfo Ozuna Jr. After hearing their stories, police realized this has been going on for the past 18 years.
Each victim reportedly told police of similar stories where they were choked and forced to perform sexual acts, all under the threat of death to them and their families.
Police say the abuses started in 1998 and continued until New Year's Eve, 2013.
Because of the courage of one young man, Ozuna has been charged with eight counts of sexual conduct with a minor and furnishing obscene material to minors.