PHOENIX - It isn't always the big events that make us turn our head when we hear about politicians, celebrities and athletes.
Sometimes, we just want to know that when you boil it down, they're all ordinary people like us.
What's in their fridge? What are they reading? What do they do in their off time? ABC15.com is asking the same 10 questions of a newsmaker. But don't jump to any conclusions; these aren't the typical interview questions.
They are not meant to be probing or controversial. Instead, they're fun questions that let you get to know the person in ways you probably don't already.
This week, we're learning more about longtime Valley broadcaster and entertainer Pat McMahon.
It's funny because McMahon told me he doesn't like to be called an icon and legendary, but that's exactly what he is.
McMahon is still making fans of all ages smile, laugh and enjoy life just a little more.
For decades, McMahon has been the successful host of "The Pat McMahon Show" on radio and television.
In 2007, McMahon was named Director of Public Affairs for KTAR. McMahon has been a major part of KTAR Radio for more than a quarter of a century.
He is the station's most well known personality after his role in the hugely successful Phoenix children's television program The Wallace and Ladmo Show. The show ran from April 1, 1954 to December 29, 1989; making it one of the longest-running, daily, locally-produced children's television shows in American broadcasting.
McMahon, his wife Duffy and their dog Bijou are deeply ingrained in the Valley. McMahon feels we are positioned to give back and spends an enormous amount of time focusing on the vital issues affecting our community, but check out some interesting facts that may surprise you about the well known Valley resident.
10 Questions for Pat McMahon
1. What is your all-time favorite movie or song?
Citizen Kane and anything by the Beatles
2. Do you have a smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
I have a smart wife who has a smartphone.
3. Have you come up with a few things you'd like to do before you die? If so, what's on your bucket list?
4. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
My mom and Wallace
5. What was your very first job?
Slicing and packaging cheese in a super market.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
The absolute perfection of my humility.
7. What do you consider your greatest success?
The Wallace & Ladmo Show
8. Tell us something about you most people don't know?
I never went to grade school.
9. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Jesus, Leonardo DaVinci and somebody who would do the dishes.
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be?
I would be my wife.
Who will get profiled next week? Check back for a new "10 Questions" each week here on ABC15.com