PHOENIX - It isn't always the big events that make us turn our head when we hear about politicians, celebrities and athletes.
Sometimes, we just want to know that when you boil it down, they're all ordinary people like us.
What's in their fridge? What are they reading? What do they do in their off time?
Each Tuesday, ABC15.com is asking the same 10 questions of a newsmaker.
But don't jump to any conclusions; these aren't the typical interview questions.
They are not meant to be probing or controversial. Instead, they're fun questions that let you get to know the person - in ways you probably don't already.
This week , we're getting to know the Founder and Chief Marketing Officer behind Angie's List, Angie Hicks.
In 1995, Hicks was new to Columbus, Ohio, and frustrated by how difficult it was to find the best local contractors and doctors. Knowing there had to be a better way, Angie literally set out door-to-door recruiting members and collecting consumer reviews from friends and neighbors.
Taking this “ask-your-neighbor” approach to a higher level, Angie used the detailed feedback to provide reliable, unbiased ratings and reviews on local services, which is now known as Angie’s List.
Today, more than 1,000,000 consumers use Angie's List to find high quality contractors, service companies and doctors.
Hicks holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a bachelor’s degree in economics from DePauw University, in Greencastle, Indiana. And, she's got a thing for speed. Read more...
10 Questions for Angie Hicks:
1. What is your all time favorite movie or song?
Country song: "When You Say Nothing at All"
2. Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?
I’m getting my iPhone this week, now that it is available on Verizon. My favorite app…Angie’s List of course.
3. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
My parents, former Governor Bob Orr (Indiana) my grandfather, Bill Oesterle (my Angie’s List co-founder)
4. What was your very first job?
The Fort Wayne, Indiana Zoo. I sold popcorn.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I’d be more patient.
6. What do you consider your greatest success?
7. Tell us something about you most people don’t know?
I took an auto racing course in my 20s, and love to drive sports cars really fast.
8. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?
Taylor Swift…my kids would love to meet her
Peyton Manning…Go Colts!
9. What is in your fridge right now?
Milk, Diet Coke, fruit, yogurt...
10. If you could have a different career, other then what you’re doing now, what would it be?
I would likely have had a career in finance.
Who will get profiled next week? Check back for a new "10 Questions" each Tuesday here on ABC15.com.