It isn't always the big events that make us turn our head when we hear about politicians, celebrities and athletes.
Sometimes, we just want to know that when you boil it down, they're all ordinary people like us.
What's in their fridge? What are they reading? What do they do in their off time? ABC15.com is asking the same 10 questions of a newsmaker. But don't jump to any conclusions; these aren't the typical interview questions.
They are not meant to be probing or controversial. Instead, they're fun questions that let you get to know the person in ways you probably don't already.
This week, we're getting to know actress Busy Philipps.
She is probably best known for her roles on the TV series "Freaks and Geeks" and "Dawson's Creek." She's also appeared in several major motion pictures and currently stars on ABC's "Cougar Town."
Philipps isn't exactly a new face in the Valley, she attended Chapparal High School and even worked at a popular Scottsdale restaurant!
Check out some of the other things you may not know about the star...
10 Questions for Busy Philipps
1. What is your all-time favorite song?
Probably "This Will be Our Year" by the Zombies. We played it at our wedding right when we kissed.
2. Do you have a smartphone? If so, what is your favorite app?
I have an iPhone and honestly, I get the most use out of my Twitter app!
3. Have you come up with a few things you'd like to do before you die? If so, what's on your bucket list?
I haven't really thought about it that much. I'm more of a person who seems lucky enough to do the things I want to do when I want to do them. BUT, If I were to die tomorrow, the ONLY thing I'd really regret is not getting to see my little girl grow up.
4. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
Oh gosh. Courteney Cox and Christa Miller for sure. My agent Lorrie Bartlett. My mom is my cake mentor. (she taught me how to decorate cakes, a hobby I continue to this day!)
5. What was your very first job?
Hostess at California Pizza Kitchen on Scottsdale Road!
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I could be more forgiving to myself about my body. I wish I could love where I'm at and not always be thinking about how to get thinner or more fit.
7. What do you consider your greatest success?
My marriage and my kid so far...
8. Tell us something about you most people don't know.
My sister and I have almost identical voices, especially on the phone.
9. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would it be?
Honestly? My husband, my daughter and grandfather who died long before I was born.
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be?
Probably a teacher of elementary kids. Preferably fourth grade. Or possibly a children's book author although I might still do that one!
Who will get profiled next week? Check back for a new "10 Questions" each Tuesday here on ABC15.com.