As many Arizonans head to the lakes this Labor Day, we're going over the top 12 lake vacations in the U.S.
Travel + Leisure released their list over the weekend, and two Arizona lakes are featured at numbers 10 and 11.
At No. 10 is Lake Powell, a spot that's known for gorgeous canyons and 200 miles of water that stretch into Utah, according to the list.
And No. 11 is Lake Havasu, a place they call "best for partying." Thousands of college students mark this spot as their destination for spring break and a summer getaway.
Here's the top 12:
- Lake Superior, Michigan: Best for fishing
- Crater Lake, Oregon: Best for scuba diving
- Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin: Best for windsurfing
- Lake Kabetogama, Minnesota: Best for kayak or canoe camping
- Lake Clark, Alaska: Best for wilderness adventure
- Chain of Lakes, Florida: Best for waterskiing
- Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada: Best for snow sports
- Lake Michigan, Wisconsin/Michigan/Indiana/Illinois: Best for beaches
- Finger Lakes, New York: Best for wine tastings
- Lake Powell, Arizona/Utah: Best for desert houseboating
- Lake Havasu, Arizona: Best for partying
- Lake Champlain, New York/Vermont: Best for history
For more on these locations, check out the Travel + Leisure website.