Carolyn Goldwater of Goldwater's Foods shows us some easy recipes for turkey leftovers.
The Senator's Chili
Serves 8 "good sized" servings
2 cups Turkey leftovers, cut in 1" pieces
1 (28 oz) can Tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
1 can Water or Beer
1 packet The Senator's Chili Mix
1 can Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Sour cream (Low Fat)
1/4 cup Scallions, chopped for topping
1. In a slow cooker, add turkey pieces, tomato sauce/crushed tomatoes and one can of water or beer on low heat.
2. Stir in The Senator's Chili Mix packet and mix it up real well. Cover and let simmer for a 1/2 hour.
3. Add the pinto, kidney and black beans and let simmer a minimum of a 1/2 hour (preferably an hour) to get the flavors acquainted.
4. Serving suggestion with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and chopped scallions.
Tropical Turkey Fajitas
Serves 4 - 6
1 lb Turkey breast tenderloin
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
1/4 t Cumin
1/4 c Olive oil
1/2 medium Onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Bell pepper, thin strips (You can use any color)
2 small Zucchini, cut into 1/8" lengthwise
1 package Tortillas, flour
1/2 jar Goldwater's Papago Peach or Paradise Pineapple or Mohave Mango Salsa
1 bunch Cilantro, fresh
1 c Cheese Manchego, or any cheese of your choice, crumbled
1. Cut 1 pound of turkey breast tenderloin into 1/4" strips. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and ground cumin. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the turkey strips in a little olive oil until done. Remove from the skillet. Keep warm.
2. Saute the onions, garlic, and bell pepper in the same pan (add more olive oil if needed) until they are slightly softened and onion is translucent. Add the zucchini and continue to saute until the veggies are crisp-tender.
3. Heat up tortillas, spread with a generous tablespoon of your choice of Goldwater's Papago Peach or Paradise Pineapple or Mohave Mango Salsa. Layer on the turkey and veggies. Top with some chopped fresh cilantro and crumbled Manchego cheese.
Order online at: goldwaters.com and type in Sonora10 to receive free 1-The Senator's Chili Mix with any order.
Products available at: Sprout's Farmer's Market, AJ's Fine Foods, Bashas' or at goldwaters.com