Gear up ladies! It’s going to be a long, hot summer and your best defense is an arsenal of soothing skin savers.
1. Facial Mists
Facial mists are calming, hydrating sprays that tone and soothe skin. Try these:
· Rose-scented hydration on the go: Wilma Schumann Hydrating Facial Mist, $24 WilmaSchumann.com
· Instant brightening with a citrusy finish: Amarte Aqua Mist Toner, $67 AmarteSkinCare.com
Tip: For an easy DIY home facial mist, mix 1 cup distilled water with 1 teaspoon witch hazel
and 5 drops lavender essential oil. Store in fridge for a spritz of soothing refreshment.
2. Power Tool
What’s the one thing you need to get skin super clean and free from sweat, grime and clogged pores? The Clarisonic Mia Electric Skin Cleaning Brush Collection is your power tool of the summer! This limited-edition summer collection includes the Mia, universal magnetic charger, sensitive brush head and trial cleanser in fun, electric shades for a sweet price of $99. Unlike spinning devices, the patented sonic frequency is clinically proven to cleanse skin six times better than hands alone. The oscillation movement gently extracts impurities from the skin while the brush sweeps them away. Get it at Clarisonic.com, Sephora, Nordstrom and select spas and more.
3. Body Armor
Body butters are out, lightweight body lotions and gels are in. Start with an exfoliation to shed dead weight and then keep skin dewey yet dry. Here’s what you need to:
· Banish dead skin: BioElixia BodyShaper Exfoliating Body Polish, $29.50 at BioElixia.com
· Lightly sweeten with Dead Sea minerals: AHAVA Mineral Botanic Tropical Pineapple & White Peach Velvet Body Lotion, $28 at AHAVAUS.com
· Stay fresh all day without added oils: H2O Plus Oasis Body 24 Hydrator
· Fight dry feet: Dr Teal’s Shea-Enriched Foot Cream
Tip: A miracle balm you can find right in your kitchen: Virgin coconut oil. Rub on rough patches, heels, elbows for a lightweight way to feed parched skin.
4. Extreme Extremities
You've got your faced protected from the sun's damaging rays but what about the rest of you? We've got that covered too!
· Lips: June Jacobs Lip Renewal SPF 50, $24 at select spas and JuneJacobs.com.
· Eyes: SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50 $30 at SkinCeuticals.com and select spas and dermatologist offices.
· Neck: Erno Laszlo Luminous Intensive Décolleté Treatment SPF 20, $95 at Nordstrom and ErnoLaszlo.com
· Hands: AHAVA Age Perfecting Hand Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 15, $32 at AHAVAUS.com
· On the go (for anywhere you need it, from your scalp to the those toes peeking out of your shoes): Jane Iredale’s Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen SPF 30 in Translucent, $45.50 at JaneIredale.com
Get more summertime beauty at azspagirls.com.