Executive Chef Brian Feirstein from Cask 63 prepares roasted butternut squash ravioli, sage brown butter.
Roasted Butternut Squash Ravioli, Sage Brown Butter
YIELD: Serves Four People
6 Each Egg Yolks
1 Each Whole Egg
1 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup of Flour
Roasted Butternut Squash
1 Each Butternut Squash
To Taste Salt and Pepper
To Taste Five spice powder or allspice
Sage Brown Butter
1 Tablespoon of Butter
6-8 Sage Leaves (Fresh)
Salt to Taste
To make Ravioli
1 Each Egg
1. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until mixed.
2. Remove from food processor and cover with plastic.
3. Roll out using a pasta roller.
(for Roasted Butternut Squash
1. Peel squash and remove seeds.
2. Cut into small dice.
3. Season with salt and pepper and five spice.
4. Roast on a greased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.
5. Puree in food processor when cooked.
6. Reserve for Ravioli.
(for Sage Brown Butter)
1. Heat a sauté pan over high heat.
2. Cook butter until the milk solids have browned.
3. Add in Sage and reserve.
1. Using a pastry bag or scoop, place 1 tablespoon of filling every ½ to ¾ of an inch on the pasta sheet.
2. Brush around the filling with the beaten egg.
3. Cover the filling with pasta.
4. Seal around the filling.
5. Cut using a cookie cutter.
6. Cook in boiling salted water until the pasta is cooked and the filling is hot.
7. Drain and toss in Sage Brown Butter.
8. Serve immediately.
Executive Chef: Brian Feirstein
8877 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85253