When eaten in moderation, Ahi tuna can be extremely beneficial to your mind and body.
Tuna is high in omega-3 fatty acids that help prevent high blood pressure as well as help avoid the risk of having a stroke.
Executive Chef Monte Healey of Del Frisco's Grille stopped by to show viewers two Ahi tuna dishes that will have you feeling motivated and healthy in no time!
Sesame Chive Crusted Tuna
6 oz., Tuna Steak
½ tsp salt and white pepper
2 tsp. sesame chive crust
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 oz. cold sesame noodles
2 sprigs of cilantro
1 tbsp. ponzu sauce
1. Season pre-portioned fishe with salt and white pepper mix on both dies.
2. Dredge tuna portion in sesame chive crust coating surface.
3. Add oil to the griddle and sear tuna.
4. Sear the tuna on the first side to a rare temp then flip a quarter turn and sear the remining sides the same way.
5. Once tuna is seared and removed from griddle, slice tuna into even slices on cutting board approx. ¼ inch thick and shingle each slice slightly on each other.
6. Palce sesame noodles down center of 12-1/2 inch rectangle platter.
7. Top the noodle salad with the sliced and shingled tuna.
8. With a serving spoon drizzle the ponzu sauce over and around the tuna.
9. Garnish the tuna with cilantro sprigs and serve.
Asian Tuna Salad
1, 4oz. sesame chive crusted tuna steak
2 oz. baby arugula
3 oz. nappa cabbage
½ avocado, ½ inch diced
3 oz., mango, diced
½ oz honey roasted and crushed peanuts
½ oz. roasted and crushed almonds
¼ oz roasted coconut flakes
½ oz. julienne carrots
1 oz. cooked spaghetti
3 oz. Asian Vinaigrette
3-4 ea. Mint leaves
4 ea. Tomato cherries, halved
1 oz. ponzu sauce
1. Place tuna on griddle and sear on both sides to desired temperature.
2. While tuna is searing take all ingredients except the sesame ponzu sauce and tomatoes palce into a stainless stel mixing bowl.
3. Toss all ingredients to mix and combine.
4. Transfer the salad to a chilled coupe bowl.
5. Place tomatoes around the base of slad.
6. Slice tuna steak on bias into thin slices and transfer to slightly lean on base of salad.
7. Drizzle the sesame ponzu over slices of tuna.
Del Frisco's Grille
2425 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85016