Chef Laura from Celebrated Cuisine shows us how to make some light and spicy summer dishes.
Here are the recipes from Friday's show:
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Mexican Shrimp, 31-40, peeled, deveined, tail off, blanched and cooked (1 pound)
3 oz Tomato juice
4 tsp Ketchup
1 1/2 tsp Chipotle puree
1 1/2 tsp Valentina
Kosher salt To taste
1/2 one large Celery stalks,small dice
1 Scallions, minced
To taste Lemon juice
4 oz Shredded lettuce
Yield 12 miniature (3 shrimp each)
1. In bowl, combine everything except shrimp. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours and up to 48 hours.
2. To plate, put a small amount of shredded lettuce in each miniature cup and top with three shrimp. Pour extra liquid over shrimp. Serve within one hour.
Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche 31-40 Shrimp, blanched and shocked, sliced in half, if desired
8 oz Bay scallops, blanched and shocked
22 oz Tomato juice
Valentina hot sauce to taste
1 medium Mango, brunoise
3 scallions, finely chopped, green and white
1/2 cup Red onion, finely chopped
2 T Cilantro, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt to taste
Avocado, in small balls from smallest melon ball garnish tool
Yield 40 "spoons"
1. Combine Shrimp through kosher salt to taste. Allow to rest overnight. Adjust seasonings.
2. To serve, portion onto "spoons", garnish with avocado.
Laura's Gourmet Granola and Frozen Yogurt Parfaits 1/2 cup Laura's Gourmet Granola, CherryRific Crunch
1/2 cup Laura's Gourmet Granola, Hot Chocolate Crunch
1 pint Frozen Yogurt, low or no fat, vanilla
Yield 8 servings
1. In each of 6 wine glasses, place a scoop of frozen yogurt. Top with 2 Tablespoons of Hot Chocolate Crunch.
2. Repeat with yogurt, then 2 T of CherryRific Crunch.
3. Serve Immediately.
Executive Chef, Owner