Go lb salt, a salt bar in the Valley, shows viewers how to use salt to enhance the flavors of food all while debunking the myth that all salt is BAD for you.
2 oz. Bolivian Rose Sea Salt (Sel Gris works well too) 1 gallon water (tap water if fine, RO is better)
Place chicken in container and pour brine in until chicken is covered by at least 1/2". Let chicken brine for 8 hours.
Remove chicken from brine and let rest for at least 4 hours before cooking to allow salt to reach equilibrium in the chicken. (The 1/4" closest to the surface will have more salt when first removed from the brine.)
CARAMELIZED BALSAMIC SPICY RED ONIONS
2 medium red onions 2 Tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter 1/2 c. Sweet Aged Modena Balsamic Vinegar (we'll use a Pomegranate Balsamic) 4 Tbsp. sugar-licious habanero sugar 2 pinches Sel Gris
Peel and cut onions in half. Place on flat side and slice longitudinally into 1/4" strips (not half rings, that's the wrong direction).
In cast iron skillet or saute pan on medium-high heat melt butter in pan. Once butter is melted, add sliced onion and salt. Allow to saute for 2-3 minutes, then add vinegar and habanero sugar.
Continue cooking until vinegar has completely reduced and onions are caramelized.
KICKIN' CHICKEN QUESADILLA
1 large flour tortilla
2 oz. grilled chicken or beef
balsamic caramelized red onions
1 Tbsp. scallions
1 c. shredded cheese
1 Tbsp. butter
1) Melt butter in pan, warm tortilla quickly on one side in butter, then flip over.
2) Sprinkle cheese evenly over entire tortilla.
3) Add sliced chicken pieces evenly over half of cheese covered tortilla.
4) Add caramelized red onions evenly over chicken.
5) Sprinkle chopped scallions over chicken & red onion.
6) Fold cheese only half of tortilla over top of the other half.
7) Wait 10 seconds and flip closed tortilla over to other side to finish cooking evenly.
8) Take out of pan, cut and serve hot.
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM WITH BOOZE (if you like)
Whip heavy cream, add liquor of your choice & vanilla to almost whipped cream consistency, fold in sweetened condensed milk and pour into tupperware for freezing.
Take out previously frozen, scoop into bowl, add Applewood smoked sea salt and homemade Chocolate Bacon.
Stand Mixer, tupperware, rubber spatula, ice cream scoop, presentation bowl
heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, half & half, bourbon or rum, vanilla, applewood sea salt, pre-cooked chocolate bacon
go lb. salt