RecTomato, Heirloom, Yellow, Sliced 1/2"
1 1/2wzITomato, Heirloom, Orange, Sliced 1/2"
1 1/2wzITomato, Heirloom, Red, Sliced 1/2"
1 1/2wzICheese, Mozzarella, Fresh, Sliced 1/4"
1wzILemon Shallot Vinaigrette
1wzRVinegar, White Balsamic
I Vinegar, White Balsamic
1tIOil, Olive, Extra Virgin
Maple Balsamic Glaze1/4fz
Salt, Sea, Fresh GroundDash
Basil, Fresh, Leaves, Julienne1T
1. Mix mesclun salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and seasoning.
2. Place salad on one end of the rectangle plate.
3. Alternate tomato slices and fresh mozzarella in a shingle fashion, leaning on the mesclun salad.
4. Drizzle white balsamic vinegar and lemon shallot vinaigrette over the tomatoes and cheese.
5. Using a hand grinder, crack sea salt over the tomatoes.
6. Using a hand squirt bottle, drizzle maple balsamic glaze over the tomatoes and cheese.
7. Garnish with julienne basil over the entire presentation.
Latin Shrimp Ceviche
Shrimp, 21/25 ct., Poached, Cut 1/2"
4 (2 wz.) ea Tomato, Roma, Diced,1/4"
1 wz Onion, Red, Diced, 1/4"
1/2 wz Cilantro, Chopped
1 T Habanero, Minced
1 t Oil, Olive Blend
1 T Juice, Lime, Fresh Squeezed
2 T Avocado, Diced 1/2"
1/4 ea Salt, Sea, Fresh Cracked
1/8 t Corn Chips, White, Thin 4 wz
Red Leaf, Chiffonade 1/2 wz Jicama, Sticks, 4"
3 ea Cilantro, Leaf 1 ea
1. Prior to process, cook shrimp in poaching liquid and cool. Remove tails after cooled.
2. Squeeze juice from fresh limes into a mixing bowl.
3. Combine all ingredients, except avocado together.
4. Toss to coat. Add diced avocado and mix together.
5. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
6. Place a 12" rectangle plate on production counter.
7. Place a 7 oz. rocks glass (on a beverage liner) in the middle of the plate.
8. Fill bottom of glass with red leaf chiffonade.
9. Fill glass with ceviche and garnish with 3 sticks of jicama equally spaced around the rim and a cilantro sprig in the center.
10. Surround glass with tortilla chips arranged neatly on the plate.
Seared Atlantic Sea Scallops
Sea Scallops, Dry Pack, 10-20 ct, 4 wz
TL Seasoning, 1/8 t
Olive oil blend, 1 t
Minced Shallots, 1 t
Veggie Stock, 2 fz
TL Seasoning, 1/8 t
Cooked Jasmine Rice, 8 wz
Lemon garlic butter, ½ wz
Minced Scallions, 1 t
Lemon beurre blanc (Meyer when in season), 1 t
Red Pepper Curls, 1/8 wz
Green Onion Curls, 1/8 wz
Lemon zest, 1/4 t
1. Season scallops by hand - not with shaker. Set aside. Place Teflon pan on high burner.
2. Place second pan on burner, medium heat add oil and shallots.
3. Sauté shallots, add kale and seasoning. Sauté until sizzling.
4. Add veggie stock and lower heat to simmer.
5. Add oil to #1 heated pan, allow it to get hot, then add scallops evenly in pan. Press lightly to
6. Combine Jasmine rice, lemon herb butter and minced scallions in bag. Heat in microwave for
7. Carefully cook scallops until seared brown. Turn over and continue to cook until seared on
both sides and medium in the center. (can be finished in oven)
8. Place heated rice in the center of a heated pasta bowl. Mound high.
9. Place braised kale around the perimeter of the rice evenly spaced.
10. Place seared scallops on the kale leaning on the rice, evenly spaced.
11. Ladle lemon Beurre blanc over the scallops and the edge of the kale.
12. Garnish with red pepper curls and scallion curls in the center of the rice.
13. Micro plane lemon zest over the scallops and kale.
Thirsty Lion Pub & Grill
2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy #1041, located in Tempe Marketplace