RnR's extensive menu overflows with craveable American comfort classics. Signature breakfast items include a three-inch-high raspberry- and cream cheese-stuffed Chambord French Toast topped with Grand Marnier maple syrup and Chantilly cream, as well as Protein Pancakes made with granola, oatmeal, blueberries and apple butter. The extensive lunch and late night menu emphasizes sharable plates, such as Animal Fries, Chicken Lollipops and Jalapeno Mac n' Cheese. RnR also tempts with salads made with fresh ingredients, as well as gourmet burgers including the award-winning "Bacon Brussels Burger".
After taking home the top prize at the 2013 Scottsdale Culinary Festival's (SCF) Burger Battle,
RnR in Old Town Scottsdale is now ready to take on the world at the 2013 World Burger Championship. Hosted in Las Vegas on November 7 - 10, Chef AJ Benga and the RnR team will go head-to-head with 49 other competitors from across the globe in this live, tournament-style cook-off for a bite of the $25,000 in prizes.
RnR secured a spot in this prestigious culinary clash is thanks to Chef Benga's Brussels Sprouts and Onion Jam Burger that out-grilled the competition, winning the Judge's Choice Award at the SCF's Burger Battle this past April. Topped with spiced bacon, a sweet and savory onion jam, wilted Brussels sprouts and a raspberry demi-glace, this beefy behemoth won over the prestigious panel of judges, led by James Beard Award-winning chef, Robert McGrath, creator of the infamous "Big Ass Burger" at Roaring Fork in Scottsdale. Hosted as part of the Scottsdale League for the Arts' annual
Scottsdale Culinary Festival,all future winners of the SCF Burger Battle will automatically be qualified for that year's World Burger Championship.
Brussels Sprouts and Onion Jam Burger
2 tsp brown sugar
1/8 cup paprika
2 tsps onion salt
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps dried whole oregano
2 tsps dried whole thyme
½ tsp ground red pepper
¼ tsp ground black pepper
8 slices bacon
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 ounces white wine
2 yellow onions, peels and finely diced
2 tbsp whole mustard seeds
8 ounces Brussels sprouts
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon juice to taste
1 lb. ground sirloin
1 lb. ground chuck
4 ounces ground rib eye steak
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices Jarlsberg cheese
4 large pretzel buns
1. To make the spiced bacon, preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and spices. Line bacon evenly on baking sheet with parchment paper, and cook until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. To make the onion jam, in a saucepan over medium heat combine sugar, water and wine. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Add onions, mustard seeds, and occasionally stir until light brown. Remove from heat and cool.
3. To make the raspberry demi-glace, prepare demi-glace according to package's directions. Mix raspberries, powdered sugar and grenadine in a blender. Once blended, strain into hot demi-glace.
4. To prepare brussel sprouts, remove and discard the sprout's stems and cores. In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and place brussel sprouts till wilted. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
5. To prepare the burgers, heat grill to medium. In a large mixing bowl combine meat, salt and pepper. Then shape into 4 patties. Cook burgers for 5 minutes per side. Add cheese last, and grill until slightly melted.
6. To assemble, place burger on the bottom half of bun and top with brussel sprounts, demi-glace, another load of brussel sprouts then two slices of bacon and a dollop of onion jam. Add top bun and serve.