Whether you're 14 or 40, the Classic Cooking Academy has something fun for you this summer!
Grilling classes, food and wine tastings or even cooking camps for kids and teens. The academy has the following dates available so you can enjoy some fun summer foods!
July 8. 2011: 7pm: Grilling Class, hands on, ($60 per person)
July 14 & 21: Components of wine classes, food paired with wine, tasting, discussion, ($40 per person)
Monday-Thursday through July: Kids and Teens camps
For more information on Classic Cooking Academy or events visit www.classiccooking.net
They're located at:
10411 E. McDowell Mountain Ranch Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
Juice of 2 limes
1 pineapple peeled and sliced into ½ in. rounds, core removed
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cracked black pepper
Juice of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup of rum.
1. Mix all ingredients, and toss with pineapple slices. Marinate for 1-3 hours.
2. Heat grill pan or grill and clean well.
3. Drain pineapple and reserve juices.
4. Place pineapple on grill. Cook pineapple for 1 minute on each side, remove from heat.
5. Meanwhile, reduce the juices in a saucepan until slightly thick.
6. Serve 1 slice per person with a scoop of ice cream in the "hole". Spoon juices over ice cream and serve immediately.
July 8 at 7 p.m. Grilling Class, hands on, $60pp
July 14 & 21 Components of wine classes, food paired with wine, tasting, discussion, $40 per person
Kids/Teens camps Mon, Tues, and Wed. through July