If you are looking for a fun fall craft to make this season, check out how to make a pumpkin topiary.
I love this project since it will last through Thanksgiving.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Urn or pot to put your pumpkins in/on
- 3 pumpkins for each urn, large, medium and small
- Fall foliage
- Faux moss or grass or filler of your choice
- Glue gun
- Large stick or dowel
- Something heavy to place in the bottom of your container ie; rocks, sand
- Heavy duty craft knife
- Thick foam
- Grape vine wreath large & small
- Foam core
1. Cut holes in the bottom and top of the large and medium pumpkin.
2. Cut a hole in the bottom of the small pumpkin.
3. Anchor foam at the bottom of pot.
4. Anchor foam at the top of the pot.
5. Cut a piece of foam core to fit over top of urn. Cut a hole in the center.
5. Insert dowel and place in the foam at bottom of urn, place another piece of foam at the top of the urn but inside.
6. Glue a ring of moss to the outside of the foam core.
7. Place the foam core on top of urn with dowel sticking out.
8. Glue large pumpkin to foam core.
9. Adorn large and small wreath with foliage. Glue if you need to.
10. Place large wreath on top of large pumpkin. I put mine at a slight angle.
11. Glue medium pumpkin to large pumpkin. Place small wreath on top. Again I put mine at a slight angle.
12. Glue small pumpkin to medium pumpkin.
- buy a pretty urn or pot
- don't skimp on foliage
- buy good pumpkins
- be sure to get the matted moss and not cut moss
- if you want it to last forever use e-6000 glue, if not a glue gun will work but won't last
- you can get creative add ribbon or embellish with Halloween or fall bling