Girl Scouts join Chef Rita in the kitchen to make some healthy recipes.
Sesame Orange Chicken Sesame Orange Sauce Ingredients:
· ½ cup honey
· ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
· ½ teaspoon freshly minced ginger
· ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
· 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
· ¼ cup hoisin
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· ½ cup orange juice
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Serve with your favorite meat, chicken, or seafood.
1. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add mixed vegetables and sauté until cooked, 3-4 minutes
3. Add chopped garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
4. Add rice and stir to combine.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Cookies Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Cookies Ingredients:
· 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
· 2 each large organic eggs
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· ¾ cup olive oil
· 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 4 cups whole wheat flour
· ½ cup dried organic cranberries
· 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixer, combine pumpkin eggs, sugar, vanilla, and olive oil.
3. Combine using paddle attachment until just incorporated.
4. In a large bowl combine, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to the mixture in 1 cup batches, ensuring to scrap down the sides of the mixture between each round.
6. Once all of the flour is combined, gently fold in dried cranberries and dark chocolate.
7. Using a large spoon, drop onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spacing a few inches apart.
8. Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes.
9. Let cool completely on sheet pans.
10. Remove and store in an airtight container.
Province (restaurant is located at The Westin Phoenix Downtown)
333 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone Number: 602-429-3600