PHOENIX - Skip making that cup of coffee at home Thursday and treat yourself to a free cup of coffee in honor of National Coffee Day.
National Coffee Day is celebrated this year on Sept. 29, and two national chains, Krispy Kreme and 7-Eleven Stores, are participating by offering their customers a free cup of coffee.
Popular donut chain Krispy Kreme announced that it will offer their customers a free 12 oz. cup of their new Signature House Blend coffee – no purchase necessary.
7-Eleven Stores will also be giving away a free medium cup of their freshly brewed coffee to their customers; however, the freebie will only be available from 7 to 11 a.m.
You can also grab 50 cent coffee at Dunkin' Donuts all day long.
The deal is good for a medium hot or iced coffee at all of the Valley's 42 Dunkin' Donuts restaurants.
Other big-name coffee establishments like Starbucks have not announced any free coffee.
Dunkin Donuts did participate in an in depth survey conducted with CareerBuilder that revealed some interesting facts about who drinks and needs coffee the most:
- Scientists and lab technicians need coffee the most to get through their day.
- Hotel workers, lawyers and judges are most likely to drink their coffee black.
- Human resource professionals are most likely to drink their coffee with cream and sugar.
- 61 percent of workers who drink coffee drink two cups or more a day.
- People in the Northeast are most dependent on coffee.
And a study done this month and published in the Archives of Internal Medicine reported that women who drink coffee have a lower risk of depression – ladies, drink up.