Love seeing the Arizona landscape transformed in the fall but aren't sure where to see the most colorful view?
ABC15 multimedia journalist Eric English makes frequent trips around northern Arizona in search of beautiful pictures, and he's letting viewers in on some of his favorite places to see fall colors.
1. East of Payson along Highway 260, then head north…along the forest roads north of Willow Springs Lake Recreation site. You'll be able to spot lovely yellow aspens at this secluded spot.
2. Snow Bowl Road in Flagstaff on the way to the top of Snow Bowl. Eric loves how the acres of tall aspens change to brilliant gold and contrast well with the massive Ponderosa Pines.
3. Eric says Oak Creek Canyon is especially nice in the fall, with the creek winding through the tall trees and the red rocks of Sedona. His favorite spot is just south of the Sterling Springs Fish Hatchery.
4. The State Route 73 Loop from US 60 up through White River and back up to Show Low. Eric highly recommends the scenic loop, which promises gorgeous views and cooler climates.
5. Another fun spot that's a little closer would be near the Big Lake Recreation Area up and over State Route 273 south of Eagar. The White Mountains took a beating during the Wallow Fire, but there’s plenty of trees left that will change with the fall climate.
Where do you love to see fall colors on display in Arizona? Let us know and send your own fall landscape photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them on the ABC15 Mobile app.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click on the region names in the map below to see news from that region.
Things To Do
INSIDE: Check out our top pick for weekend events around Arizona!
RIGHT NOW: Top Stories
The shooting happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment complex near the Loop 101 and University Drive, said Sgt. Michael Pooley of the Tempe Police Department.
The U.S. Supreme Court has cleared the way for American Airlines and US Airways to merge into the world's largest airline company.
Tyler Gaffney ran for 133 yards and scored three touchdowns in a dominating first half, leading No. 7 Stanford back to the Rose Bowl with a 38-14 victory over No. 11 Arizona State.
The road to the Rose Bowl traveled through Tempe on Saturday night. PHOTOS INSIDE
Donations to the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign are down 36 percent compared to this time last year, the organization says.
The Cardinals enter Sunday's game against St. Louis on an eight-game losing streak against teams in their division.