SUN CITY, AZ - A man and woman were taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation after their home caught fire in Sun City early Friday morning.
Sun City firefighters told ABC15 the man said several candles were burning when he went to bed around 3 am.
The two got out of the house near 107th and Peoria avenues with a dog after he woke up and smelled smoke.
When fire crews arrived around 5 a.m. the man was outside trying to put the fire out with a garden hose.
Firefighters said the fire was mostly contained to the kitchen and caused around $20,000 in damages.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
It may seem a little far-fetched right now but it could become a reality if space companies like Virgin Galactic realize their aspirations over the next 30 years or so.
Scientists have reconstructed a nearly complete mitochondrial genome of an ancient human relative, whose remains were found in Sima de los Huesos ("pit of bones") in northern Spain.
Hampton Creek Foods is scouring the planet for plants that can replace chicken eggs in everything from cookies to omelets to French toast. Its first product is an egg-free mayonnaise now sold at Whole Foods Markets.
More Sun City News
Joshua Barnes will serve two concurrent 15-year sentences after a violent home invasion in Sun City, according to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.