GLENDALE, AZ - A 64-year-old woman and her 4-year-old granddaughter were taken to the hospital after they were stung by more than 100 bees Tuesday.
A Glendale Fire Department official said the woman was in a guest house in the back of the property near 59th and Northern avenues when she was stung by bees.
Her granddaughter saw she was in trouble and activated the woman's Lifeline alert system and told company representatives what was happening.
Officials said the woman had over 100 stings and numerous more than the child.
Both were transported to an area hospital and are in good condition.
There was also a Chihuahua with bees all over it, officials said. There was no word on the dog's condition.
The bees came form a nearby beekeeper, according to officials.
The beekeeper reportedly had four crates of bees that were not kept properly and the bees created numerous hives throughout the neighborhood.
Officials at the scene said fire crews plan to kill the bees.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Did You Hear?
The puppy was dropped off at an animal shelter without its mother when he was just one-day old. Luckily, Lurlene and her litter welcomed him with no hesitation.
The zoo in Novosibirsk in Russia is home to a unique animal -- the liliger. Only three of them exist at this zoo.
More Glendale News
The Glendale Police Department is asking for the public's help solving a deadly hit-and-run.